Members of the University Governing Council
University of Derby
Remuneration: Unpaid, voluntary role with reasonable expenses
Time commitment: 12 to 20 days per year (if appointed to a committee), plus attendance at important events and graduation ceremonies.
Term of office: Initially, up to 3 years
This is an exciting time for the University, as they have recently launched their 2018-2030 strategic framework and are subsequently looking to source independent governors to join their main board, the Governing Council.
This is a great opportunity for individuals with relevant experience, credentials and interests to contribute to fulfilling the new vision ‘An applied university of today and for tomorrow’.
They need people with a passion for contributing to the development of educational opportunities, the senior leadership experience and insight to steer the University through its future goals and the commitment to contribute to the success and future potential of the students.
In particular, they are keen to hear from people who have senior leadership experience in one or more of the following areas:
– Cultural change, people, reward and driving organisational change
– Estates and property
– Higher Education
– Digital transformation and cyber security
– Financial strategy and audit control
Ideally you will:
– Be familiar with working in a complex business environment
– Have awareness of risk management and performance monitoring and an appreciation of corporate governance and internal quality assurance
– Be skilled in challenging effectively at an executive level, but also able to offer support and insight
– Have the ability to contribute to strategic thinking and an understanding of compliance challenges within a regulatory environment.
And finally, be adept at working in a non-executive role, taking the pulse without being hands-on.
To apply and for more information visit our microsite: University of Derby microsite>
If you would like an informal conversation about the role you can contact our advising consultants at Peridot Partners, Liz Holderness on 07872 031079 or at firstname.lastname@example.org, or alternatively Drew Richardson-Walsh on 07739 364033 or at email@example.com
Closing date for formal applications: Monday 7th January 2019