Head of Innovation, UK Programmes
Save the Children UK
Salary range: £46,000-£53,000
Location: UK Office (either Glasgow, Edinburgh, Manchester, London, Belfast or Cardiff) with significant presence in London office and frequent travel to all our offices
We are looking for an ambitious and experienced person to join our UK Programme Development & Quality Team as Head of Innovation. You will provide strategic leadership to our innovation work, leading on identifying opportunities for new work and on co-designing new approaches based on human-centred perspectives. Our work centres on supporting children’s development in the early years with a focus on initiatives to help parents to support their children’s learning and development, and ensuring children have access to high quality services.
Our UK and Global Programmes department delivers humanitarian and development programmes, builds partnerships with institutional donors – including governments, multi-nationals and trusts – and drives lasting change. Together, we save children’s lives, fight for their rights and help them fulfil their potential. In the UK, our strategy focuses on children in poverty and the early years.
As Head of Innovation you will work closely with our theme teams and national delivery teams to develop new approaches to longstanding social challenges. You will provide strategic leadership to scoping future opportunities, discovery work, building the content of new initiatives, and early testing and refinement, all with an eye on sustainability and scale. You will lead approaches to local innovation, building capacity and working with our country teams and our local partners to support work with local communities to develop and test new approaches. You will also work to build a strong culture of experimentation and learning. You will:
– Ensure our work is based on creative and established innovation approaches, with a strong commitment to human-centred design and to co-design with families and practitioners
– Lead on ethnographic research and discovery work
– Establish the strategic vision for innovation initiatives, exploring long term and feasible models for delivery at scale
– Lead approaches to developing, prototyping, testing and refining new initiatives
– Provide leadership to the Innovation Team, growing our capability and confidence in innovation
– Support fundraising for our innovation work
– Represent our work, building relationships with partners and ensuring we have a high profile
To be successful you will be driven by a desire to make a difference for children growing up in poverty. You will have experience of management and leading high performing teams. You will have a strong understanding of theory and approaches for innovation, and experience of applying them. A credible leader, you will be solutions focused and able to manage competing priorities. You will be a natural collaborator, with excellent interpersonal and communication skills. In addition, you will:
– Be a strong team player with an empowering and collaborative working style
– Have strong analytical skills including the ability to interpret complex and distil data
– Have a track record of securing funding from a range of funders
– Be able to travel frequently within the UK and to spend weekly time in London
For more information please see our information pack: Head-of-Innovation-Info-Pack
If you would like the opportunity to help to provide a more positive future for children in England, then please contact our advising consultants at Peridot Partners where you can find out more information and have a confidential conversation: Emma Harvey on 07702 678653 or firstname.lastname@example.org or Grant Taylor on 07958 690184 or email@example.com
Closing date: 9am Friday 12th October 2018
Please note that Save the Children UK will not accept direct applications.